File:Adelaide, Mary.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Adelaide,_Mary.jpg(300 × 432 pixels, file size: 36 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

December 18, 1916, Mother Mary Adelaide and a group of Franciscan sisters from Rochester, Minnesota, arrived in Sylvania, Ohio, at the request of Bishop Joseph Schrembs of the Toledo diocese. These Catholic nuns became the original Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, in 1930. Mother Mary Adelaide was the founder of this new order. The Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, dedicated themselves to charity and educational activities in northwestern Ohio, including establishing Lourdes College. Courtesy of Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania, Ohio.

Source

Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania, Ohio

Date

10/30/2007 9:49

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current19:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:06, 24 April 2013300 × 432 (36 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file:

Metadata