Difference between revisions of "File:Mission.jpg"

From Ohio History Central
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{Information
 
{{Information
|description=This mission served the Wyandot natives population near Lake Erie.
+
|description=This mission served thee Wyandot native population near Lake Erie. Reverend James Finley (1781-1856), a Wyandot missionary appointed by the Methodist Episcopal Church, successfully converted over half of the Wyandot people in present-day Wyandot County to Christianity. Located in back of the church is a cemetery. The Wyandots were removed to Kansas in 1843. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
 
|date=2/6/2007 16:28
 
|date=2/6/2007 16:28
|source=Ohio Historical Society AL06544
+
|source=Ohio Historical Society. State Archives Series 741 AV; Box 5, Folder 84  AL06544.
 
}}  
 
}}  
 
[[Category:History Images]]
 
[[Category:History Images]]

Latest revision as of 11:08, 15 August 2013

Description

This mission served thee Wyandot native population near Lake Erie. Reverend James Finley (1781-1856), a Wyandot missionary appointed by the Methodist Episcopal Church, successfully converted over half of the Wyandot people in present-day Wyandot County to Christianity. Located in back of the church is a cemetery. The Wyandots were removed to Kansas in 1843. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Source

Ohio Historical Society. State Archives Series 741 AV; Box 5, Folder 84 AL06544.

Date

2/6/2007 16:28

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current19:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:06, 24 April 2013360 × 240 (47 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata