File:State School for the Deaf.jpg

From Ohio History Central
Revision as of 15:24, 15 August 2013 by SPosmontier (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
State_School_for_the_Deaf.jpg(450 × 273 pixels, file size: 21 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

This stereograph image shows an exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, also known as the Deaf and Dumb Asylum, located on Town Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1868-1876. The building was constructed in 1868 and used until 1953, when the Ohio School for the Deaf relocated to its present location on North High Street. At the original location, known as The Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb, children received schooling and housing on the grounds, which necessitated the position of matron to care for the children during non-school hours. The site of the Ohio State School for the Deaf is now a public park.


Ohio Historical Society AL05146


2/6/2007 16:05

(Reusing this file)

See below.

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

current19:05, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:05, 24 April 2013450 × 273 (21 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page links to this file: