This image shows Wheeler Hall on the campus of Baldwin Wallace in Berea, Ohio.
Originally named Baldwin College, this institution of higher learning was founded in 1845 by John Baldwin. The college is located in Berea, Ohio. Like Oberlin College, Baldwin was one of the first colleges in Ohio to admit women and African Americans. Baldwin-Wallace is associated with the Methodist Church.
In 1913, Baldwin College merged with nearby Wallace College, uniting the two schools' resources. The college has always emphasized a liberal arts education. Today, Baldwin-Wallace College's motto is "Quality Education with a Personal Touch."