Rusin Elite Society
Rusin Cultural Garden in 1939.
The Rusin Elite Society was a Carpatho-Russian social organization in Cleveland, Ohio.
Eugene Mankovich and Joseph P. Hanulya founded the Rusin Elite Society in 1927. The society's original purpose was to provide Carpatho-Russian immigrants with a social and cultural institution to practice traditional Carpatho-Russian customs and beliefs. In 1935, the organization changed its name to the Rusin Educational Society. The Rusin Elite Society enhanced Ohio's cultural landscape into the 1960s.
- Van Tassel, David D., and John J. Grabowski, eds. The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1996.