From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
On February 28, 1831, Seneca Indians residing along the Sandusky and the Little Sandusky Rivers signed the Treaty of Little Sandusky with representatives of the United States. The Seneca Indians agreed to relinquish approximately forty thousand acres of land in Ohio in return for nearly sixty-seven thousand acres of land west of the Mississippi River.
The Treaty of Little Sandusky, along with several other treaties between Ohio's Indian tribes and the United States government during the first decades of the nineteenth century, marked the slow but gradual removal of Ohio's native people to land west of the Mississippi River.