Browse by Category
Browse by Topic
Browse by Time Period
Timeline of Ohio History
From Ohio History Central
File:Ohio Wesleyan University.jpg
527 bytes added
20:48, 12 August 2013
no edit summary
Collection: Printed Material. Library; 977.1 H838h2
|description= Chartered in 1842,
Wesleyan University was associated with the Methodist church and is located in Delaware, Ohio. Originally, only men attended Ohio Wesleyan. Ohio Wesleyan Female College began to offer classes in 1853. It was not until 1877 that the Female College became part of Ohio Wesleyan University. Three women who had been instructors at the female college became the first female faculty members at the university. From "
Collections of Ohio" by Henry Howe, 1952.
|author=Henry Howe's Historical Collections of Ohio
← Older edit
Retrieved from "
About Ohio History Central