From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
By the early 1900s, Garford had amassed a sizable fortune from the Garford Manufacturing Company. Garford eventually sold this company to George Worthington, who renamed the firm the Worthington Manufacturing Company. In 1917, Fred Colson became president of the Worthington Company and renamed the firm the Colson Company. The Colson Company manufactured bicycles, scooters, and tricycles in Elyria. The Colson Company continued to manufacture its products until 1953, when the Evans Company, centered in Plymouth, Michigan, acquired the Colson Company.
[[Category:Industrialization and Urbanization]]