From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
On July 6, 1909, the Columbus Board of Education formally approved the creation of junior high schools in Columbus. The first junior high school was Indianola Junior High School at 140 East 16th Avenue in Columbus. The building still stands. As of 2006, the Columbus School District housed the Indianola Informal School -- a school that utilizes innovative approaches in the classroom, allowing students to learn through a variety of means, including ones not usually used in a traditional classroom setting -- in the building. The teachers at Indianola Informal School work in conjunction with education professors and students at The Ohio State University to improve and to enhance education at Indianola Informal School. In 2006, the school accepted students in kindergarten through the eighth grade.
[[Category:The Progressive Era]]