From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
|source=The Ohio Historical Society. Printed Material Collection. Library; 977.1 H838h2
|author=Henry Howe's Historical Collections of Ohio
|description= A sketch of the Worthington Female Seminary in 1846. The seminary was run by the Ohio Methodist Conference and was located in downtown Worthington, Ohio. In the 1850s more women chose to go to the new Ohio Wesleyan Female College in Delaware and the seminary was closed. In the 1870s it became a "Normal School
) that trained teachers, as Ohio realized the need to have better trained teachers in the state. This image is from Historical Collections of Ohio by Henry Howe, 1952.