From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
By 1947, the second floor of Marzetti’s Broad Street restaurant had become a factory dedicated to producing her now famous dressings for sale in stores across Ohio. In 1955, Marzetti opened a bottling facility for the dressings on Indianola Avenue in Columbus, allowing the T. Marzetti Company to produce even more dressing.
Carl Schaufele died in
1970. That same year Marzetti sold her company to the Lancaster Colony Corporation, which continues to use the Marzetti name today. Teresa Marzetti died in 1972, and in that same year, her restaurant closed permanently. She was outlived by her two daughters; Gertrude Brown and Irene Johnson.
Today, the T. Marzetti Company continues to produce Marzetti's dressings as well as additional food products. Among these products are an expanded line of dressings and the Cardini's, Girard's, New York, Mamma Bella, and Sister Schubert's brands of food. In 2007, the T. Marzetti Company sold more than 200 million dollars in products.